I’m a backend developer and author. Mostly living in Paris. I love open source and human languages.
You can find me on Github, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mastodon. AFK, my name is Yann Rabiller. Right now I’m mainly working as a contractor for short assignments. If you think we could work together, you can contact me here.
I released my first book From PHP to Python: A Straight-to-the-Point Guide in May 2023.
Also having fun with photography 📷. You can check out my Flickr here.
- PHP: Mostly working with Symfony, but I can also work with Laravel
- Python: I can find my way around Django
- Tools: docker, git, vim
- Databases: Mysql, postgres
- Practices: DDD, BDD, Hexagonal Architecture
- Frontend: I can fix a few things with ReactJS, but I’m not an expert
- Human languages: French (native), English (fluent), German (B1), Italian (A2), Polish (*crying*)
What I want to learn next
- I started learning Rust recently. The learning curve is quite steep, but it’s a very interesting journey.
- WebAssembly tickles my curiosity.
About this website
It was happily built thanks to TailwindCSS, Astro and Typescript.
Some blog articles were written a long time ago on my Medium account. I want to host articles on my own now.
I decided to post every week an article about what I learned. We’ll see how it goes.